Sun Valley And Snowbasin Season Passes On Sale
Sun Valley, Idaho and Huntsville, Utah. – Mar. 3, 2022 – Two world-renowned ski resorts, Sun Valley and Snowbasin, announced today that they are entering into new pass partnerships with Ikon Pass and The Mountain Collective, starting with the 2022-23 season. This announcement comes alongside the release of both resorts’ annual season pass options.
“We are excited to start a new partnership program for the 2022-23 season,” said Bruce Fery, CEO of Grand America Hotels & Resorts, parent company of Sun Valley and Snowbasin. “As we continue our legacy as two premier independently owned and operated US ski resorts, we look forward to welcoming Ikon Pass and Mountain Collective Pass Holders and providing the legendary experience for which Sun Valley and Snowbasin are known.”
Sun Valley and Snowbasin remain independently owned and operated and are both ranked in the top 10 in SKI Magazine’s reader survey, with Sun Valley ranked No. 1 for two years running and Snowbasin ranking at No. 8 in 2021. These new pass partnerships will create additional products and benefits for Sun Valley and Snowbasin Pass Holders and allow access to the two world-renowned resorts for Ikon Pass and Mountain Collective Pass Holders.
“We are thrilled to add these iconic and storied destinations, Sun Valley and Snowbasin, to the Ikon Pass community and expand pass holder options in Utah and the Pacific and Northwest,” said Erik Forsell, Chief Marketing Officer, Alterra Mountain Company. “Members of the Ikon Pass community will have even more ways to play with access to 50 global destinations, new pass options, and added benefits that offer flexibility, and inspire adventure and a commitment to get out there next winter.”
The Ikon Pass is made up of 50 resort destinations, Sun Valley and Snowbasin being two of the newest to join. With resorts spanning five continents, 10 countries, 15 states and four Canadian provinces, the Ikon Pass gives pass holders access to some of the most iconic mountains in the world.
Additionally, the resorts welcome back the Mountain Collective as a pass partner, offering access to an incredible array of world-class destinations. The Mountain Collective Pass boasts two days at each of the collective’s destinations, for a total of 44 days of access, and 50% off all additional days without any blackout dates.
These new pass partnerships create additional access opportunities for Sun Valley and Snowbasin Pass Holders. The following are benefits available to various pass holders commencing with the 2022-23 season:
- New Platinum Pass – Sun Valley Challenger Platinum and Snowbasin Premier Platinum: The New Sun Valley Challenger Platinum and Snowbasin Premier Platinum passes will receive an Ikon Base Pass in addition to all access and benefits of the Challenger and Premier Passes. The Ikon Base Pass offers access to over 40 Alterra Mountain Company Destinations and Partner Resorts that accept the Ikon Pass.
- Sun Valley Challenger and Snowbasin Premier Pass Holders: In addition to all access and benefits of the Challenger and Premier passes, guests with these unrestricted passes will receive 50 percent off day window tickets at all Mountain Collective partner resorts starting the 2022-23 winter season.
- Sun Valley and Snowbasin Ski Free this Spring Benefit: Guests that are new to the 2022-23 Sun Valley Challenger or Sun Valley Challenger Platinum Pass will receive unlimited access to Sun Valley for the remainder of the 2021-22 winter season. All new Snowbasin Pass Holders for the 2022-23 winter season, will receive unlimited access to Snowbasin for the remainder of the 2021-22 winter season. This benefit is ineligible with a payment plan and guests must pay in full.
- Ikon Pass:
- Ikon Pass holders will receive seven days of unrestricted access at both Sun Valley and Snowbasin and a 10 Friends & Family discounts of 25 percent off day window tickets at both resorts.
- Ikon Base Plus Pass:
- Ikon Base Plus Pass holders will receive five days with holiday restricted access at both Sun Valley and Snowbasin and 8 Friends& Family discounts of 25 percent off day window tickets at both resorts.
- Ikon Base Pass:
- Ikon Base Pass will not receive access to Sun Valley or Snowbasin.
- Mountain Collective Pass:
- Mountain Collective Pass Holders will receive two days of unrestricted access at both Sun Valley and Snowbasin and an additional 50 percent off day window tickets for pass holders after using their two days.
Media Assets and Info | Sun Valley Resort | www.sunvalley.com/media
Media Images | Sun Valley Resort | https://bit.ly/3jgYxoj
Video | https://youtu.be/tiyOAkR93u8
Media Assets and Info | Snowbasin | www.snowbasin.com/news
Media Images | Snowbasin | www.snowbasin.com/mediaimages
Video | www.snowbasin.com/video
Press Contact: Sun Valley and Snowbasin | Jess Fiaschetti | 415.565.9530 | firstname.lastname@example.org
About Sun Valley Resort
Sun Valley Resort was founded in 1936 as America’s first destination ski resort. Located in the Idaho mountains, it is truly a four-season resort with a wide array of activities. Outdoor adventure enthusiasts enjoy world-class skiing, snowboarding, skating, hiking, biking, golfing, fishing, shooting, concerts, shopping, restaurants, and conferences, and special event space. Sun Valley is a member of The Grand America Hotels and Resorts family. Sister properties include Snowbasin Ski Resort, The Grand America Hotel, Little America Hotel (all Salt Lake City, Utah); The Westgate Hotel, San Diego, Calif.; Little America Flagstaff, Ariz.; Little America, Wyo., and Little America, Cheyenne, Wyo.
Sun Valley is served by Hailey's Friedman Memorial Airport (SUN). The airport is located 14 miles from the resort and is easily accessed from six major cities: San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA), Los Angeles (LAX), Salt Lake City (SLC), Denver (DEN), and Chicago (ORD). All Sun Valley Resort guests receive complimentary roundtrip airport transportation.
www.sunvalley.com | 800.786.8259 | @sunvalley | #sunvalley
About Ikon Pass
Ikon Pass welcomes skiers and riders to a community of inspiring mountain destinations and the people who live and play among them across the Americas, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan. Brought to you by Alterra Mountain Company, the Ikon Pass unlocks adventure at iconic and unique destinations including Aspen Snowmass, Steamboat, Winter Park, Copper Mountain Resort, Arapahoe Basin, and Eldora Mountain Resort in Colorado; Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Jackson Hole Mountain Resort in Wyoming; Big Sky Resort in Montana; Stratton, Sugarbush Resort, and Killington in Vermont; Windham Mountain in New York; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Boyne Highlands and Boyne Mountain in Michigan; Crystal Mountain and The Summit at Snoqualmie in Washington; Mt. Bachelor in Oregon; Sun Valley and Schweitzer in Idaho; Tremblant in Quebec and Blue Mountain in Ontario, Canada; SkiBig3 in Alberta, Canada; Revelstoke Mountain Resort, RED Mountain, and Cypress Mountain in British Columbia, Canada; Sunday River and Sugarloaf in Maine; Loon Mountain in New Hampshire; Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico; Deer Valley Resort, Solitude Mountain Resort, Brighton Resort, Alta Ski Area, Snowbird and Snowbasin in Utah; Chamonix Mont-Blanc Valley in France, Dolomiti Superski in Italy, Kitzbühel in Austria, Zermatt in Switzerland; Thredbo and Mt Buller in Australia; Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Mt Hutt in New Zealand; Niseko United in Japan, and Valle Nevado in Chile. Special offers are available at CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures, the world’s largest heli-skiing and heli-accessed hiking operation. For more information, please visit www.ikonpass.com.
About The Mountain Collective
The Mountain Collective™ is an international alliance of premier ski destinations providing The Mountain Collective™ Pass, a season pass that includes two days of riding at all partner resorts and 50% off additional days at each destination with no blackout dates. For the 2022-23 season, The Mountain Collective™ includes Alta, Arapahoe Basin, Aspen Snowmass, Banff Sunshine, Big Sky, Chamonix (France) Coronet Peak/The Remarkables (New Zealand), Grand Targhee, Jackson Hole, Lake Louise, Mt Buller (Australia), Niseko United (Japan), Panorama, Revelstoke, Snowbasin, Snowbird, Sugarloaf, Sun Peaks, Sun Valley, Taos, Thredbo (Australia) and Valle Nevado (Chile.). www.mountaincollective.com